CAMPAIGN GOAL Raise $9 million to improve three facilities, sustain our programming and serve more kids. Build our endowment and operating reserves to ensure that all children and teens,especially those who need us most, can rely on a safe, welcoming environment to experience arts, sports, educational enrichment and, most importantly, the mentoring and support they need to succeed throughout their lives.
We will use the funds for:
Capital Improvements – $2,500,000
- Make significant facility upgrades in Our San Pedro, Wilmington and Port of Los Angeles Clubhouses, including upgrading and securing information technology infrastructure at the Clubhouses and ten school sites.
Program Sustainability and Expansion – $3,500,000
- Hire and train more than 100 full and part-time staff to sustain and expand programs through FY 2021-22.
- Cover the $2 million operating budget increase (over 5 years) that will result from the minimum wage increase.
- Meet the great demand to serve youth in our target areas of San Pedro/Wilmington and neighboring communities with $1.5 million to fund strategic growth in local areas.
Endowment & Reserve Fund Development $2,500,000
- Increase the Endowment to provide $100,000 more annually for programs & operations.
- Create a maintenance reserve for ongoing maintenance.
Campaign Costs $500,000 (over the three year period)
- Cover fundraising and overhead expenses.
You can make your gift to the campaign in cash, by credit card, or through stocks or bonds, real estate, tangible personal property, paid life insurance, charitable lead trusts, matching gifts and/or gifts-in-kind for budgeted campaign expenses.